Saturday, July 12, 2008
One of the worst parts about growing up is how cynical you become. When you question the belief that you have beliefs. When you get the restless feeling that life is more than the simple pleasure of letting sunshine wash over you on a winter day, when there is more to it all than all the things you do and want to. When nothing makes sense, and you can't forget the confusion of the moment by running down to play galli cricket. What I guess I'm trying to say is that somehow growing up is mixed up with how happiness is diluted. But I'm singling out one emotion: it's about how all emotions start running into each other at times. But doesn't this sound just like a child? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, but don't you remember how utterly miserable you used to be in school? The exams and homework, the fights with the best friend because she didn't sit with you during lunch, parents refusing to buy you that bracelet which everyone else in class wore..
It's just that now that you've grown up you think those things are too trivial to worry about. But truth is, we were always confused and miserable about someth\hing or the other and happy about an equal number of things..
:-)
Jeez. I didn't there was logic behind that sunshiney smile. :)
Post a Comment