Saturday, April 11, 2009

Farmhouse

So the new place I live in, I call it a farmhouse. The other day, I saw a bunny hopping across the road, and a few days before that, I saw a dozen birds: ten sparrows, and a mynah, and a bulbul, on the wire mesh just outside the kitchen window. You can hear birds chirping all the time, but apart from that it's quiet. Quiet enough to hear the chirping at the very least! In the evening, I go to the terrace and have my coffee and look up at the evening sky - pink and gold, with clouds - and see egrets and other-birds-I-can't-name flying past. When darkness descends, I slip on my sneakers and go for a little run in the society: no more driving to a community park, I have my private jogging track if you please! No salespersons, no nosey neighbours with their wailing kids. I think my mom misses all that, but not me. Me, I'm happy. Happy in the farmhouse. :)

3 comments:

Sush said...

Why doesn't google add a "like" tag!? :)

ess said...

Waitaminit. This new place isn't exactly in the middle of nowhere. You still have bunny rabbits in the city?!

Aquila said...

True, not quite the middle of nowhere, but we are surrounded by a couple of empty, grassy plots, and technically this entire area is on the bank of a river (which is now approximated by a trickle of water). I was surprised too..But I know what I saw. Cats don't hop like that. :) Oh, and you know the hill near Law College? People have spotted peacocks there. Quite recently. So there.