Friday, May 30, 2008

Physics

Why am I doing physics? I'm not particularly bright. Or you know, the geeky types. I don't know anecdotes about Landau. I can't give you an overhead view of what's happening in different research areas. Or a list of unsolved problems which I want to crack. Heck, I can't even search for research papers efficiently. And an AC in this cozy office is putting me to sleep. Words flow out of me much more easily than equations, and I'll probably be stumped if you give me a tough problem. But yet, I persist. Why?
Because I love it. I love the quantum mechanics, I love reading papers and figuring out stuff. And when I'm doing the figuring out, nothing matters: not even how stupid I seem to be. And I love the weird, geeky people who read phd comics and laugh at themselves. I love talking shop and being awed by their knowledge and by their brilliance. Hence, I persist and insist on making a fool out of myself. I'll always be a gawky teenager as far as physics is concerned I fear. But sometimes, first loves are meant to stay.

5 comments:

anjor said...

Right there with you... :)

Aquila said...

You sadists enjoy watching us lesser mortals squirm, don't you? :P

Achal said...

aquila : I love the weird, geeky people who read phd comics and laugh at themselves

a wierd geeky guy reading the blog : Yay! A girl loves me!

wow..this could be an xkcd comic in itself!

Aquila said...

@Achal: Logic is not really your strong point, is it? :) And I didn't know you were looking for love. Jeez. Step One: your blog needs censoring if that's what you're after. So do your profiles. Lol

Achal said...

logic, who, where, when, how?

Nobody censors my blog/profiles! and as we all know..in an ideal world (read soviet russia) my blog censors nobody!