Monday, June 2, 2008
Research
Just got back from a meeting with my professor. The problem I'm going to be working on was outlined. I'm exicted, as excited a kid on her first day of school. Torn by conflicting emotions: I can't decide whether to laugh or to cry. My first research problem! That too in theoretical physics. I'm going to be working out stuff. Pen and paper. Stuff which people have abandoned. Given up on. It seems beautiful and it seems ridiculous. Ridiculous that my professor actually thinks that I can work this thing out. Ridiculous that there are these moments when I think that I can work this out. Loads of things to pick up, to learn, to understand. And guess what? For the first time I will be working without a textbook holding my hand, without the security of knowing that it's been done before, that even if I want to look up stuff there might not be very many reliable sources to turn to. I feel like I've been marooned. Yipeee! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
:-) :-(
happy for you...
and sad thinking when will i feel this?
Post a Comment