Thursday, June 5, 2008

Me

I look into the mirror
Deep and long
And pass my judgement:
On the way she looks,
On what she likes,
And on what she doesn't,
On her habits and her words.
I am not kind,
And do not cloak my words.
And I hurt her.

And though each time,
Her eyes reveal her despair,
she says not a word in protest,
but goes on.
Hope, I know is her only defense
And one which never fails her.

And each time she triumphs.
Perhaps she knows it not;
But I see clearly each step she takes.
I see her smile, hear her laughter
Ring out more confident and true.
And I know that I lose, one more time.
Yet, I grieve not.

7 comments:

Aquila said...

@Achal: It's not funny! :P

Achal said...

oh...after logic i have lost my sense of humour too...damn! what next?

Aquila said...

@Achal: Your head goes next. A little birdie told me that your prof is M.A.D. with you. Beware! And how lame is scrapping on a blog?

Spica said...

Girl, he gave you a compliment in the groups! I didnt even know he could do that..

Nice one, btw.. :-) Sounds familiar. And sharmila says you wrote one in class. Which one's that?

achal said...

I complemented you?...well the way i think about it...i didnt, but as with any other piece of art, you could think of it some other way too...and well...i do complement you on the fact that you write unintentionally funny poems which are really funny :)

@chitra - Nice one? ...lol!

TryingToMakeSense said...

its beautiful...
and no not lol

ardentquests said...

hey nice nice ,,,,,very nice....but u see u should not try and act with the image :P let her be as she is:)