Sunday, December 23, 2007

Perfect Weekend

Writer's block. Haven't written in ages. Still don't feel like writing about the usual philosophical stuff. So will try to be like a normal blogger for once. Will try to write about what I did.

Warning: Please don't read this if you're looking for substance.

A perfect weekend. Official leave from work. So decided to go on a catching up spree. Had the spunk to take a bus to Ta's place. Don't know a word of Kannada, and I know that I definitely stand out down here. Was successful in my attempt. (I seldom praise myself, but I'm really proud of this).

Stayed over at Ta's place for 2 days. South Indian food. Dosas. Filter coffee. A host who pampers guests. Gossip. Late night chats. Before Sunrise for the umpteenth time. Tried hard, very hard to make a party plan. A trip to my old house. Visited neighbours. Everyone was pleasantly surprised. Making conversation with people from the age group: four to seventy. Felt great being the darling of the day. :)

Party at night. Unknown people. Beer. Ta high. Felt nice making a transition to an insane world. Good music. Hot chicks. Cool dudes. Dancing. Spent the night in party clothes. Blind in the morning. Had to remove my lenses without any lens solution around and so landed up throwing them. Ta brought me home.

Met Me. IIM is beautiful. Green. A bit on the wild side, but beautiful architecture. And huge. Loved the hostels. Bright, cheerful. Me was as bubbly as ever. as cute. as talkative. as fast. Felt like I was continuing a conversation we had started two years back. Felt good talking for almost 5 hours straight. Saying things in person is so different from talking on the phone. Felt good actually talking. Being myself. Expressing my thoughts knowing that the other person understands. Actually listening to someone else. Only this time round I felt more like an equal. I wasn't only a listener. I was more of a person. With experiences to share. With views on what the other person was saying. And I was able to express them.

Took a bus back. Good day. Perfect weekend.

1 comment:

Megha said...

"Me" is pleased you find IIM beautiful and Me the same as ever. Still ROFL from "I was more of a person" Sometimes, kid, you are tooo much! :)