Thursday, February 12, 2009

2008: The Year that Was

Good movies watched: Match Point, Luck by Chance, Oye Lucky Oye Oye, Taare Zameen Par (that was in 2008, yeah?), Atonement, Memento (:">), The Prestige, The Other Boleyn Girl, Ratatouille, Kung Fu Panda, Dark Knight, Fight Club, Dream Girls, A Few Good Men, Kadachit, Juno, Jaane Tu ya Jaane Na

Mediocres: Corporate, Save the Last Dance 1, Take the Lead, Raising Helen, Shaurya, Om Shanti Om, Fashion, When Harry Met Sally, Lake House

Shitty Movies Watched: Death at a Funeral (the bunch of us actually walked out), Ghajini, Chandini Chowk to China and uncountably many more which I nonetheless watched. I might be suffering from a mild case of masochism.

That's a lotta movies!

Books: Freedom at Midnight (awesome, awesome, awesome: I'm cheating though.. I finished it in 2009), My Name is Red (Sorry guys, I got around to reading it now :">), A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Inheritance of Loss (Overrated), The Hungry Tide, Vanishing Acts (Jodi Picoult), The Scapegoat (Daphne du Maurier)

Grad Schools Applied to: I forgot to keep count.

Pieces of Music discovered and rediscovered: Oh, so many! Mostly all due to Sue. Thanks :)

New houses designed and decorated: One!! Finally :)

Awesome Haircuts: Two

Kgs Lost: This was the year in which I stopped counting. And that is a milestone.

New Dance Pieces learnt: Four (Pushpanjali, Ganeshkautuam, Jatiswaram, Shabdam, and a little bit of Alaripu. I skipped two batches, and am friends with girls almost half my age. :) )

Countries Visited: Two - Singapore and Malaysia. wonderful, wonderful experiences. Add many more wonderfuls.

Friends met and bridges rebuilt: Delhi visit, Spica and M in S'pore, Hima in Bombay and her visit here. This has been a remarkably remarkable year from the that point of view. :)

Lessons Learnt: Work hard and don't give up. Don't trust people and trust yourself. Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. But you can make intelligent guesses.

1 comment:

Megha said...

Thanks for humouring my tag :) As always, I like.

Our tastes in movies clash horribly.

How was a Thousand Splendid Suns? Should I order me a little copy?

I like the fact that for some people its humanly possible to like two of their haircuts in the same year, the one about kgs lost, and the fact that your guesses keep getting more intelligent :)

Cheers and more power to you! And to 2009.