Monday, September 28, 2009

Fire

Dear Reader,

Here's some more sad poetry. Hope you get depressed. That's what is supposed to happen.

Cheers,

The Poet


Fire


I came across the letters today.
I remember my resolve to burn them
One by one, and watch as they glowed
With the fire we once had: you and I.

I hold them in my hands. Fragile
paper is but a poor substitute
For warm, living fingers.
Which road will I take this time?

I finally yield to Temptation,
And open a carefully folded note.
The trembling paper swims with words.
I dread the reaction they’ll evoke.

Terrified I am: of grief, of wild pain,
and numbness, the worst of the three.
I wait with breath suspended.
Nothing happens, the final release.

Something possesses me, I am lit
By Fire. The words stop their dance,
The paper ceases to tremble with memories.
I hold it high, and cast the silent witness into fire.


I do burn them: one by one.

3 comments:

Sudeep said...

This is the most beautiful thing I have read on your blog so far.

S said...

Akeeee :D

Great stuff.

Lets make Sahil read this!! His form of poetry is somewhat as follows

"I like the sun.
Life is so much fun."

:D:D

Sharu

Aquila said...

S: That might explain why he's ridiculously happier. ;)