Thursday, January 10, 2008
Unhappiness Revisited
Over the past few days, for some reason I've been forced to deal with stuff which I'd thought I'd dealt with a long time back. And I realised that things which made you unhappy will always continue to do so when you are forced to confront them again. The nice thing is, the degree of unhappiness seems to shrink each time you visit it. And you can actually feel yourself being calmer, more rational, more at peace with yourself and more willing to listen. And somehow you feel distanced from the problem: sorting out the mess inside doesn't seem that urgent, it feels like the mess has been quietly doing it's own sorting. And the calmness triggers this deluge of realisations. Realisations which you know you've realised, but can't state to yourself. Papillon, you are making progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Umm .. introspective!
Heard of annealing? A piece of metal heated and cooled very slowly becomes strong and another cooled immediately becomes brittle!
Post a Comment