Thursday, February 14, 2008

Answers

This is an answer to the questions I asked in: Challenge!. At least I've found a few of them. These are more of realizations than answers however.

First, we are never as lonely, as isolated as we think we are. If we are really feeling that isolated, then we need to have a good look at where we are. And once we take a good look, we do find people who mirror that spark which we are looking for. Maybe they won't come to us, maybe we have to go and seek them out: but we can't deny their existence.

Second, sometimes even the feeling of being isolated helps. Even the feeling of being torn from something beautiful, something superior can be useful. Because then we realise what we find superior and beautiful. And we begin to realise what we're looking for. The big picture seems a tad less hazy.

Third, we are not that helpless without stimulating environments. We wonder if we can maintain that spark, that motivation when we aren't in the place of our dreams. The doubt is especially intensified if we've experienced the sweetness of the extraordinary as a part of the ordinary before, and we contrast that with our ordinary present. But really: when we don't have the choice, what do we do? To be or not to be? And we be, we become ... because you see, we are.

Fourth, it's not easy to be frustrated. Especially so if you think that you're surrounded by jokers posing as kings. But then, you learn to smile. You learn to put up with the show, to be amused by it. You start learning the art of patience.

Fifth, we really do underestimate ourselves. We can put up with a lot, survive a lot, and come out of it as better people, stronger people, people tempered by existence: not broken by it. And this realization itself can be such an empowering one.

Sixth, we don’t lose our souls. We find new ones.

P.S: 1 ) I'm writing this post because I've spent the last hour reading through all my old stuff. Motivating. that.
2) Am I sounding a bit robotic?
3) I'm definitely sounding preachy. But I'm completely non-apologetic about it. :P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Actually, it doesn't sound all that preachy. Really. :)

In some parts it seems as if you're telling these things to yourself as much as you're telling them to the rest of us. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)