Monday, March 17, 2008

Poetry II

Dear reader,
I have finally overcome my fear,
And would like to present,
A few rhymes in which my feelings I vent.

You are encouraged to smile,
If you find them worthwhile.
The first two are meant to be funny,
So laugh all you want to, honey!

Disclaimer: The 'honey' is generic. The opinions expressed by the author (poet?) are not necessarily held by the author (poet?). In poetry, I have realised, you have to sell your soul to get the words to rhyme. :)


Love
Often I wonder: what is love?
Is it a message carried by a dove?
Or is romance to be dismissed?
It is of the mind just a twist!

It seems to hold new hope and light,
But in reality just causes a lot of plight.
Lovers forget that the world exists,
Disappointment is all they find on the clearing of the mists.

Or can a cynic never comprehend,
the power of love to blend
two souls into one another,
and the joy of a touch as light as as a feather?


Free Fall
When you're falling in love,
You feel like he's sent from up above;
You're weightless: you're made of air!
Your thoughts wander everywhere;
A funny feeling in your tummy;
You smile all day like a showcase dummy;
Your head feels like you're filled with booze;
And of course you refuse
to listen to the voice of reason,
which cautions against the change of season.


Tears I
Will things ever be right again?
Can we go back to where it began?
Before the sweetness was unclouded by the fear,
To the place where things were so simple, so clear.

I want to call you, to reach out,
But yet I hesitate, I'm filled with doubt:
What is the role I should play?
To make you feel better, what can I say?

Believe me: I care, I really do,
but is you really you?
The distance between us confuses me,
I wish I knew what it is that I see.

If only you weren't so far away,
If only I could meet you everyday,
If only my eyes and my heart would make peace,
If only my soul I could release!

But the 'if onlies' I must ignore,
'Lest the world closes the door,
'Lest I lose even the cold comfort of the familiar,
which steadies me till the storm blows over.


Tears II
Something's gone wrong,
Something's changed,
The hours were never so long,
Nor the silence so strained.

Your refusal to claim
my attention is hard to explain,
And my hesitation to question you
is only because I miss you.

And the more the feeling of emptiness inside,
the more do I feel the need to hide
the confusion which cries for an explanation,
and the need for a true connection.

And running away from all the hurt,
seems so much easier than to face the curt
words which are all that remain I fear,
of something which was so easy, so dear.

P.S. The last two are a bit anticlimatic. But such are the vagaries of my moods.

3 comments:

Ankit said...

hey.. last two mail nahi kiya tha.. :)
And i'll add to one of your awesomest poem to the collection..
aap ki nahi koi khabar,
mera dil nahi hai rubber ka,
tut jayega,
mail keejiye,
nahi to ye man rhooth jayega......
hehehehehhehe.. :D

Aquila said...

hahaha! Sir, I'd forgotten about this one. :)

TryingToMakeSense said...

this is really a great one!!!!