1. On my writing pattern:
There are these creative stretches, when I'm full of ideas, and I feel that I'll burst if I don't put this down right now. The tiniest thing can get me thinking. Then four posts in as many days makes me complacent. So there is inevitably, a dry spell. When I don't think and can't write. Dry spells are not so good. They induce panic. 'Have I lost the ability to express myself?' Seriously induce panic. And then, out of desperation I write a little something. And then the words start flowing again. :)
2. On love:
Falling in love* is so ridiculously easy. The tiniest trigger sends our emotions into an overdrive. And there we are with a new crush. We can't wait to talk and there is never a shortage of words, only a shortage of time. But tell me, how long does 'love' last? After a year, or two or ten: do the words flow just as easily? Will there always be the eagerness to talk? To engage his/her attention? Or perhaps the nature of love changes as it matures. It doesn't bite the tongue anymore, it smoothly rolls off.
I wonder ... and admittedly, do so cynically.
*Shivam suggests that 'love' should be replaced by like. I agree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment