Monday, March 10, 2008

This is what exams do to me

9th March:

1.Lead to a general wondering about life:

What do I want? What do I want my life to be like? What do I want to be like? Do I have heroes? Who are they? Or like all the previous questions, is this one time dependent too? Is there anything constant at all? Or do our dreams, our perceptions, our needs, our wants keep evolving, changing? Wouldn’t so much of change get tiring then? It would be nice if there was one thing I felt I could hold on too. Just one. More than one would take away the surprise, the novelty of life. And that counts for a lot.

It’s funny. I think we all search for some constancy at some level. And yet the ground beneath our feet keeps changing.

2. Lead to a general wondering about physics:

Physics can make you feel so stupid. Yet so nice when you get the beauty of each step. The simplicity of the logic can disarm you. And you marvel at those who ‘figured it out’. Yes, we indeed are those who can perhaps only appreciate art. And art is like one of stunningly beautiful women: you find yourselves gaping at them as you become acutely conscious of your own imperfections.

One day later: Hehe

11th March:
And it's Gibran to the rescue once more! His response to my general wondering about life:
"Man's needs change, but not his love, nor his desire that his love should satisfy his needs."
Now I'm not sure if I completely understand this. Maybe one day I will.


No comments: