Thursday, August 28, 2008

Completely incomplete.

Is it immoral to be sad? Because you can almost always make yourself happy again. Do we consciously choose to be sad? And if this is true, isn't it sadistic? Given how beautiful life is, isn't it immoral?

3 comments:

Sudeep said...

Hah, and you think _I'm_ philosophical?

I shall skip the morality aspect. But it seems to me that we are oft on a roller coaster ride. You scarcely choose to be sad, you just go sad, then happy and so on.

Given how beautiful life is, I recommend that you try to avoid being sad.

Ritu once said something wonderful to me about catharsis - how states other than that of happiness can feel totally awesome.

Aquila said...

With respect to the last thing you said: They feel awesome only once you're out of them. :)

ardentquests said...

I think more than sadistic it's sign of unhealthy mental health if you CHOOSE to be sad. Medical term for it is being in state of DEPRESSION!......i agree with the person who has commented before me that we SCARCELY choose to be sad. We just become sad.....