Friday, November 2, 2007

A tribute!

I'm making this public at the risk of being branded a feminist. :) I don't remember in what context I'd written this, and its been written in third person. So please don't judge me too harshly :) Here goes:

When it comes to handling crises, some of the women I know have given exemplary performances. Especially personal crises. First, they care deeply about people and it makes sense to move heaven and earth to help those they love. Second, they never forget the little details: each small, little kink simply has to be straightened out, each little gap has to be filled. Establishing and nourishing good social relationships is emotionally fulfilling; pulling these strings when in need doesn't seem like asking for too much. Diplomacy and tact come to many of them naturally. Running the whole show without treading on other toes is where these skills come handy. And I'm completely floored by the passion for cooking, dance, cleanliness, clothes, make-up, aesthetics in general, and the enthusiam to follow up little ideas, execute them and enjoy the results. They find so much of joy and fulfillment in the little things they notice and stop to admire, that I guess they attach slightly less importance to the final result. I mean, reaching the peak is important, but did you notice the flowers along the way? :) Another thing I've noticed is the time utilisation skills of these alpha females: they do a million little things in the day and don't even notice - it's all in a day's work. And of course, they are the mistresses of little gestures: they love and give so willingly that they don't even think twice before treading on their own toes.

1 comment:

Tejas Kulkarni said...

Dont know what made u write this post! Guys ka nahi btw?!